Alongside ensuring that our bodies receive the right doses of all of the good stuff through fresh produce, here at Jupiter we place particular focus on the wellbeing of our employees too.
We have a weekly wellness session available globally that currently involve attending a remote class with Personal trainer Lucy, who makes up part of our wellness team. Breathing and gentle stretching exercises are demonstrated to promote stress relief and can be participated in wherever your work station is, be that at home or as a keyworker in the office or on the farm.
10 tips to aid your mental health
Our friend, Clinical Psychologist and Consultant in Mental Health and Wellbeing, Dr Vikki Barnes would love to share her 10 steps to aid your wellbeing and mental health in these extraordinary and challenging times.
- Gain perspective, try not to worry about how it will affect you. Know that like most things it is temporary and will pass
- Reap the community benefits. People are looking out for each other more, which is a wonderful thing. I hope this stays with us long after corona leaves. This will be one thing I am grateful for.
- Nurture connections. If self-isolation is necessary for you there are still many ways to stay in touch and not feel alone. Check in on others and catch up with family and friends, create group calls or have a virtual coffee break together
- Hygiene is a good thing. We’re all paying attention to cleanliness, which is great. Stay realistic though, we don’t want chapped skin and poorly fingers because we are over washing. Some of that bacteria in the world is still ok. Everything in moderation
- Rejoice in life admin. Being at home too much can be dull, OR it’s fantastic opportunity to get things done and check off that to-do list- clearing your mind of the clutter
- Only watch the news that you need to watch. There are plenty of ways to find expert advice without the negative hype that some platforms create. Stick to reputable sources (e.g NHS and gov.uk sites). Allocate two minutes per day to find out the essentials without delving further. This will reduce anxiety and help gain that perspective too
- Take a break from social media. Great advice. Always! Again, allocate a few minutes per day and leave it at that. Turn off notifications, unfollow negative influences, mute Whatsapp groups if they’re too much for you or causing you stress
- Do what you love. Wherever you can, get outdoors, be in nature, go for walks with friends, cycle away those cobwebs, sit in a park, read…or if you’re indoors learn those recipes, start a journal, do yoga, get arts and crafty, practise meditation, sit in your cosy armchair and read…
- Do it your own way. Don’t worry about what people think of you for the way you’re managing things. Everyone’s personal circumstances are unique and we need to do whatever is meaningful for us to feel happy and well. Non-judgment from others means we don’t judge them for their choices either
- Acceptance. The best thing we can do is live alongside it, take sensible steps but go about life in measured, healthy, happy way as much as possible. Be well everyone.
Jupiter Group’s message of positivity
Inspired by our friends at Grapa Varieties, a few members of the Jupiter family would love to spread a bit of positivity and hope in these challenging times.
You can see the short video here or on our youtube channel.
The Jupiter Group is a leader in the global fresh produce market. Ranked 17th in the 2020 The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Jupiter grows and supplies new and traditional varieties of grapes and citrus alongside melons, pineapples, limes, avocados and kiwi.