It’s been phenomenal
Wow! What a phenomenal year it’s been for us here at the Jupiter Group.
In fact, there’s been so many amazing highlights we’re incredibly proud of that it’s difficult to know where to start as we look back on the best of 2018.
With our Jupiter family working hard at locations across the globe we have achieved so much, from world and industry firsts to high-profile accolades and awards, but our proudest point is that it all still comes from the culture at our core and the family ethos we live by.
A record high
The achievement with the most column inches came in June, when interest in Jupiter hit a record high after we proudly ranked for the very first time in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 17th place as one of the best performing companies in the UK for impressive international sales growth.
It’s fair to say that since then, interest in the Jupiter fresh produce world has continued to grow as we work to build on our success across the globe.
After years in our planning pipeline, 2018 also saw us unveil the first yield of our unique ARRA table grapes, which has helped further heighten our profile as an international grape grower. Our teams took trips out to Greece to see our table grapes on the vine on our Greek farms and in the pack house too, where we’d installed brand new MARCO packing technology.
Our ARRA table grape varieties also made it to Berlin, Hong Kong and Madrid drawing people to our Jupiter Group trade fair stands to taste the new fruit.
Other highlights of what’s been a very busy year include; being named by Lux Life as the UK’s best fresh produce company of 2018 in its annual food and drink awards and launching a new quarterly company magazine called Global Roots.
On top of that we’ve also sponsored events like the Asia Fruit Congress and major annual fundraiser the Fat Boy Tens Tournament and continued to expand our charity work with our Nancy Tweddle Foundation.
Ending on a high note
We’re even ending 2018 on a high too, after recently revealing that we had made a major acquisition in South Africa further expanding our global portfolio.
Here’s an overview of favourite bits of 2018…
• Bringing brand new kit to underprivileged youth FC Rockafellas on the Cape Flats;
• Showcasing our first independent and largest stand to date at Fruit Logistica Berlin 2018;
• Supporting Adopt-a-Mission to provide food parcels and a weekly cooked meal for those less fortunate in South Africa;
• First yield of ARRA grapes;
• Another year at London Produce show catching up with old and new friends of the group;
• Ranking 17th in the Sunday Times International Track 200;
• Attending a dinner date with Dragons Den’s Peter Jones CBE;
• Supporting local and international rugby hopefuls with a UK-South Africa exchange program;
• Hosting an apple bobbling competition in the town of our head office – with a local school winning a month’s free fruit and sports equipment for the most apples bobbed;
• A great Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong and our first ever Asia Fruit Congress;
• An exciting inaugural appearance at Madrid Fruit Attraction;
• Being named Best Fresh Produce Company 2018 by Lux Life;
• Launching our first quarterly corporate magazine Global Roots;
• Expanding our business in South Africa with a 60% acquisition share of citrus and stone fruit farm formally known as Bonaire.
A tough act to follow
Our success this year is certainly going to be tough to follow in 2019, but we’re confident that we will…..So, watch this space to get all the exciting news first.
In the meantime, we’d like to wish all our readers, staff, clients and suppliers a very prosperous and happy new year.
Based in the UK, Jupiter Group is a leader in the global fresh produce market. Jupiter grows and supplies new varieties of grapes alongside a global supply of citrus, top fruit, stone fruit and kiwi.